Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dogwood

I wanted to spice my day a little with the initial styling of my new dogwood I got in a trade yesterday. For starters, I took it outh of the pot to take a look at the nebari. I hoped it will help me to decide upon the decision of the front - it wasn't much, so it didn't. Nothing was done to the roots though. Right after the inspection the tree was placed into a bit bigger pot, so the soil level can be a little higher than before.


After the made decision of what side to take as the front, I made the inition selection of what branches to keep.

This is the result so far. In a couple of weeks I will do some carving on the deadwood and wire the tree.

2 comments:

Igorilla said...

Cool catch, Nik! I´m looking forward to see the next steps :)

lp Igor

Nik Rozman said...

Sure, stay tuned for more =D

Nik